SUMMARY OF THE HALL’S VENUE AMENITIES
- Indoor and outdoor event venue – maximum occupancy 189 for dining and up to 467 standing room only
- Tables and chairs setup, take down, and overall cleaning of The Hall
- Historic 1930s dance hall with bar
- Dance floor – Original and elegant wood floors
- Outdoor deck and courtyard with bar, fire pit, and fountain
- Stage for live band or DJ
- Full service bar with drink specials/packages*
- In-house commercial kitchen catering services*
- Personal photo slideshow – Continuously played in dance hall
- Bridal salon to prepare for the big day
- Groom relaxation accommodations
- BOSE sound system
- Indoor accommodations when outdoor noise limits start
- Downtown location in the historic “walkable” mill town of McCloud
- Access to entire venue 8am to 12am/midnight the day of the event
- Soda and tap water are included as part of the venue rental price. Only tap water is served since McCloud has the best water on the earth
- Beer mugs, wine glasses, champagne glasses, and water glasses
- Staff to serve alcoholic beverages and food – If you select an alcohol package and The Hall catering*
- In-house wedding planning and day of coordination services*
- Onsite building director – Will only unlock and lock doors and coordinate the setup of tables and chairs where you prefer. The building director is not a wedding planner and will not assist with decorations and other setup tasks not associated with tables and chairs setup.
- Mountain weather – Cool (Tahoe like) in the summer and snow in the winter for wintertime event. Tahoe like weather but a lot cheaper and more majestic with Mt. Shasta in the background of photos.
- At the base of Mount Shasta the majestic mountain 14,179’ tall *In addition to venue rental price
Indoor Dance Hall and Bar
The indoor dance hall and bar is part of The Old Mill Distillery in a portion of The Hall which was once used as the mill’s employee cafeteria.
The dance hall portion of The Hall (old cafeteria) is largely in its original condition from the 1930’s with recently refinished original hardwood floors made of Douglas Fir timber from the old McCloud mill (Learn more about the history of McCloud). The coffered wood beam ceilings are original with the coffers and ceiling containing original hand paintings. The walls are of original timber from the McCloud mill built in 1935 after the original building burned down.
All provide a feeling of stepping back in time with some “Old Mill” class. The dance hall also comes with the “McCloud Mountain Stage” for your favorite live band or DJ to play, or you can utilize The Hall’s modern Bose sound system for your own play mix. All venue rentals come with the entire indoor dance hall, bar, and outdoor courtyard and deck. The Old Mill Distillery will be closed to the public when rented out for private parties.
Outdoor Courtyard, Deck, and Bar
The Hall has an outdoor courtyard, fire pit, fountain, and a large deck perfect for weddings, wedding receptions, and private parties. Your party/event can begin in the outdoor courtyard and deck, and then extend into The Hall’s elegant dance hall. Or have your event entirely inside the dance hall or outdoor courtyard. The outdoor courtyard comes with a customized bar that will be utilized if you select an alcohol package.
The courtyard is provided and maintained by KC Landscaping of McCloud CA. The owner Kyle Carpenter was formerly with the world famous French Laundry of Yountville, CA where he installed and maintained the grounds and gardens. Kyle branched off to start KC Landscaping to provide top notch landscaping services for all. Get married or have a private party in this beautifully landscaped courtyard with fire pit, fountain, and bar.
Wedding/Event Setup and Maximum Occupancy
The indoor dance hall, outdoor courtyard, and deck can be configured in any manner you desire. For instance, you can hold your wedding ceremony or event in the outdoor courtyard and deck area, followed by standing-room only drinks in the dance hall, then return to the deck and courtyard for your dinner and the speeches. After the dinner and speeches, the celebration can then migrate back into the dance hall, remain in the outside courtyard or it can be a combination of the two. Basically, you can choose any sequence for where you want your event to take place within The Hall. Bottom line: The Hall’s outdoor courtyard, deck and indoor dance hall are all yours. Depending how you prefer the setup of the outside courtyard, deck and dance hall, the maximum occupancy for your event varies. With tables and chairs for a dining experience the maximum occupancy is 205 people. However, The Hall can accommodate additional guests beyond 205 depending if you have only chairs, no tables, or standing space only. Call and/or email for maximum occupancy for various setup scenarios.
Tables and Chairs
As part of the venue rental, The Hall will provide tables and chairs for your event. The Hall offers live edge walnut tables that are approximately 7 1/2′ feet long by 3 1/2′ wide, and 3 1/2″ thick. The legs are made of polished steel and built on casters to allow the tables to be moved around in any configuration you desire. These tables are amazing! The Hall also provides traditional banquet tables to complement or substitute the live edge walnut tables. Should you wish to rent different style tables and chairs from a third-party vendor, these items will not be included as part of The Hall’s venue rental pricing.
Setup, Take Down, and Cleanup:
The Hall will provide the setup of tables and chairs in the location and configuration you desire. The Hall will also take down the tables and chairs after your event and provide cleanup, allowing you to simply relax.
The Hall offers a room exclusive for the Bride and her Bridesmaids to prepare for the big day. The bridal salon comes with a full bathroom and complimentary bottle of champagne.
Groomsmen Relaxation Accommodation
Prior to the Wedding, the Groomsmen will be allowed to relax in the historic dance hall and enjoy two complimentary beers for each Groomsman. The gentlemen can relax at the long bar and watch a sports game as they wait for the big day.
Beer, Wine, Cocktail, Water, and Other Drinking Glasses
The Hall has a full-service bar and as part of the venue rental, The Hall will provide all beer mugs, wine glasses, cocktail glasses, water glasses, and other drinking glasses required for your event. Any alcohol you desire will be in addition to the venue rental price.
Utilize two large televisions in The Hall to continuously play a slideshow of your favorite photos, so your guests can see your special moments over the years.
Alcohol, Food, and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
The Hall is full-service alcohol and food venue and can accommodate any alcohol, non-alcoholic, and food requests you may have. A variety of alcohol packages along with catering packages can be added to your venue rental as desired along with food and non-alcoholic beverages. Please note, alcohol, food, and non-alcoholic beverages are not included as part of the venue rental pricing and are in addition.
In-house Wedding Planning and Day of Coordination Services (Optional)
The Hall prides itself on being as much a full service event venue as possible, so there are less contracts, and consultants/subcontractors you have to deal with and coordinate. Our in-house staff are available for wedding planning and/or day of wedding coordination services. Let The Hall’s professional Staff take the burden off of you with respect to planning and coordinating your wedding so you can enjoy your big day and all days leading up to it.